Domains vs Workspaces
I am trying to figure out when i should use Domains instead of Workspaces. What would be the criterias for this choice ? Example : can we have different vocabularies in Domains but not Worskpace ?
Here is a brief FAQ that I put together with Nuxeo's terminology. It helped my internal training dept. Sorry, I'm not that fluent with all the other ins/outs with it, but I feel Domains help if you want to limit permissions of groups of users.
- Workspaces – Collaborative work takes place in workspaces. This is where users can create and edit documents
- Templates – Templates can prepare the structure that will be applied to template-based workspaces.
- Sections – Finished and Ready documents are published here. Users can not change documents here. Publishing is controlled using a workflow that requires publishing requests to be approved so documents can be seen.
Groups of users
Members – end users of the application
Power Users – Functional Administrators
Administrators – Technical Administrators
Working with Workspaces
- Shared Workspaces - Places where multiple people can collaborate on documents before they are published.
- Personal Workspaces - Only accessed by their owner, unless shared with others. Accessed by Clicking on your Username - Personal Workspace.