Shared drives to Nuxeo migration
Hi, I am currently working on a project using Nuxeo as the end solution.
Our aim is to fully replace home and shared drives with Nuxeo is there any best practice guidelines for this style migration.
- how do we move the files/folders.
- what steps are normally undertaken for end user experience/ui work.
- Does anyone have any lessons learned that they would be willing to share.
The majority of the work will be done by a 3rd party but I would like a head start so that I can begin to fathom out potential issues and solutions before they happen.
Thank you very much for your help.
It's a great idea to get rid of your home and shared drives. These “public” drives are usually a mess and a compliance risk. A proven approach/steps to migrate content to Nuxeo could be:
- Inventory and analysis of the current system(s)
- Content Cleaning: remove all ROT content
- Transformation of content types
- Load valuable content into the new repository
- Testing, Rework, UAT
- Production Load / Go-Live
There are solutions available that almost completely automate this process, such a the connectors Xillio offer. See https://www.xillio.com/connectors/integration-and-data-migration-to-from-nuxeo-with-api-connector