Move binaries location
Hi, I'm looking for the best way to safely move binaries location to another place (other server). I'm using DefaultBinaryManager.
you can change the data binaries location in the nuxeo.conf file (into NX_HOME/bin directory) setting the full-path into filesystem:
- a) if you are not using cluster mode, you need change the value for nuxeo.data.dir=“your remote FS path for data”
- b) if you are using cluster mode, the value for repository.binary.store=“your remote FS path for binaries”
so, you can use, for example, NFS to mount your remote disk and only set the new locations in nuxeo.conf.
I hope this helps you.
Are you running your instances on Linux or Windows? If you are running your instance in Linux, you can follow these steps.
- Stop your running instance
- Copy your data dir to the new location (never move.. always 1st copy, you can remove it after check if everything is working)
- Rename your current data dir to data.old
- Create a symbolic link to the new path replacing the current data dir
- Run your Nuxeo instance