Custom Document Type Breaks DAM

I have a custom document type created in Studio. I found that the display of thumbnails and the upload of assets (testing with PDF) into the DAM module failed with the error:

2014-09-03 21:06:05,844 ERROR [Nuxeo-Work-default-1]     [org.nuxeo.ecm.core.event.impl.AsyncEventExecutor] Failed to execute async event default on listener     updateThumbListener
org.nuxeo.ecm.core.api.model.PropertyNotFoundException: Property not found: thumb:thumbnail
    at org.nuxeo.ecm.core.api.impl.DocumentModelImpl.getProperty(DocumentModelImpl.java:1407)

I found the problem seems to be related to the schema definitions in the Studio auto-generated extensions.xml file where I have the custom doc type and other Studio definitions (actually more than 6000 lines of XML):

<require>org.nuxeo.runtime.started</require>
<extension target="org.nuxeo.ecm.core.schema.TypeService" point="schema">
...
  <schema name="Thumbnail" prefix="tn" src="data/schemas/thumbnail.xsd"/>
  <schema name="author" prefix="auth" src="data/schemas/author.xsd"/>
...
</extension>

DAM works OK when the Thumbnail and author entries for this extension point are missing and fails when they are present.

I know that I defined the author schema as an 'extra' schema for the custom document type. I'm not sure about Thumbnail.

Have I done something wrong or is there a workaround for this problem?

0 votes

1 answers

909 views

ANSWER



Hi there,

could you share some more details about your custom document type? How is it defined in your extensions.xml under this node

<extension target="org.nuxeo.ecm.core.schema.TypeService" point="doctype">

At first glance, I would say that the schemas you define are colliding with schemas which have already been defined (we have a thumbnail schema, for instance) but I think we need more info to answer this one :)

0 votes



You are right. I had found that I had defined a schema and assigned it to the custom doctype that contained a property called "Thumbnail". After removing that schema, the problem went away. But I didn't understand the error about not finding thumb:thumbnail. The schema prefix that I had defined was not 'thumb', so I wouldn't have expected this kind of collision.
09/12/2014