BUG - GET REST API returns strings for non-string primitives
Here's the setup:
- In Nuxeo Studio, create new Document Type “mydoc”
- On Schema tab, add a field “foo” type “Boolean”
- In DM, update project from studio
- Create a new “mydoc” in Document Management
- Call REST API /nuxeo/api/v1/path/default-domain/workspaces/myworkspace/mydoc
- In returned JSON, the field “foo” is returned as “true” or “false” (with the quotes)
By comparison, POSTing to the same API allows a JSON boolean to be posted. It would seem to be most useful if the GET API worked the same way.
When I get some time I'll go through the Nuxeo DM code and find the spot where this is ocurring and post follow-up comment on this question.
line 277 of org.nuxeo.ecm.automation.jaxrs.io.documents.JsonDocumentWriter.
Pretty much gonna always write a string :-) @nuxeo is this by design?