Viewing Documents Published in Sections
I have about 6000 documents (.odt files) stored in 32 folders under Workspaces, and about half of those documents have status Approved after going through a parallel workflow, and have been published in identically named folders under Sections. However, when I login to a regular user account (not my administrative-class account) I can only see a few of those published documents – a seemingly random scattering of documents. Yet I have used exactly the same process to upload, assign metadata, approve, and publish all of these documents. I have no idea how to correct this situation, but I desperately need ALL of these published documents to be viewable and searchable by the users. I hope someone out there can help me…
A few questions:
- Have you logged out of the regular user account then logged back in?
- Are the folders visible to the regular user, just not the documents?
- Can the regular user access the missing documents when given the direct link to the document?
- Have you tried reindexing elasticsearch for the relevant Sections?
1) Yes, I've logged out and back in to the regular account numerous times. 2) Yes, the folders are all visible to the regular user, and some of them have a few documents also visible. 3) I don't understand what you mean by “given the direct link to the document”. Given how? 4) Yes, I tried reindexing elasticsearch, but it didn't make any perceivable difference.
It seems very bizarre that a few documents are visible and searchable, while all were prepared and published in exactly the same way.
“Approved” is the lifecycle state of your doc. “waiting for approval” is related to publication workflow. Both are independent (you can publish docs that are in project state).
This may be related to an ACL issue on your sections : Write or manage vs “ask to publish”.