Migrating from 5.4.2 to 5.5 - phrase search - heavy ALTER TABLE queries
we are performing a migration from 5.4.2 to 5.5 and following the steps here https://doc.nuxeo.com/display/ADMINDOC/Upgrade+from+5.4.2+to+5.5 we've found that to activate phrase search, we have to follow the steps here https://jira.nuxeo.com/browse/NXP-5689
Everithing worked as expected but, when we are upgrading fulltext fields using the custom function
tsvector_to_text it spents a huge period of time upgrading
binatytext field See this in postgres log file:
2016-02-22 08:23:59 CET : [1-1] LOG: duration: 471476742.785 ms statement: ALTER TABLE fulltext ALTER binarytext TYPE text USING tsvector_to_text(binarytext);
Which is more than 5,45 days.. but the query is still working. The first ALTER TABLE worked fine (2h aprox.)
ALTER TABLE fulltext ALTER simpletext TYPE text USING tsvector_to_text(simpletext);
But this second one is spending too much time. Any suggestion? Thanks
It seems this workaround only apply if you are migrating from a previous 5.3.2 version. If you are migrating from a 5.4.2 to 5.5, try the following steps.
- Stop your instance
- Create a new database using this command: create database nuxeo55 owner nuxeo encoding 'UTF8' template nuxeo542; (replace nuxeo542 with the name of your 5.4.2 database
- Download, uncompress and run Nuxeo 5.5.
- Go to the wizard and in the step of database config, put the data of your new database
- Complete the wizard and wait the restart
- Go to login page and try to log with your credentials
I used this method several times without problems.