After my Windows 2008 security update, my Nuxeo instance is stopped after 1mn
I experienced a really strange things since my windows 2008 has installed a Security Update.
- I installed PostgreSQL 8.4.
- I downloaded my Nuxeo 5.5 released from here.
- I start the installer
All is Ok and work fine.
And Windows has decided to updated his security as he was feeling unsecured :)
- After the restart I open the Nuxeo Console and click on the Start button.
- The button is changed from “Start” to “Start in progress…”
- After a while (one or 2 minutes) the server is stopped and the button comes back to “Start” instead “Stop”
After investigation I found 3 things that happened after your restart:
- the postgres user used to start the postgres process is disabled
=> re-enable it
- PostgreSQL installation is broken, each time I try to start the postgres service from the service console I have this message “ERROR 1503, …”
=> the only solution I found - as I'm not an expert - was to reinstall PostgreSQL. If you find a better solution, you're my guy.
- a process from Windows is listening on 8005. If you don't trust me try a “telnet localhost 8005” - after a telnet installation, it's a bit long - and you will see. But I suspect this port affectation is random… so too bad for you, this port is used by tomcat for stopping it :)
=> the solution is easy: you modify the value nuxeo.server.tomcat-admin.port into nuxeo.conf to replace 8005 with a port not used (test it with telnet as you took time to install it).
For the last point, Nuxeo will improve the launcher to expose a better warn if the port is not available:
Have fun with your Windows.